Welcome to Our Internship Program
According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for professional counselors is expected to grow faster than average for all occupations, by 19% between 2014 and 2024.
Due to an unprecedented global pandemic and social awakenings, the need has intensified. Mindful Healing Works Wellness Center offers internships to future therapists completing their masters program at any college in Maryland.
Internship is open!
Our Internship Mission Statement:
We strive to provide students with the knowledge and first-hand experience needed to provide holistic ethical and equitable clinical services.
Our internship includes:
• An opportunity to to further develop clinical skills as a therapist
• A comprehensive over-view of holistic strategies that improve mental health practiced in our facility
• Clinical supervision provided for clinical services with feedback
• Opportunities to further develop research and/or clinical skills through practical experiences in community settings
• Experience in administration and teachings of the logistics of providing mental health care
Our internship teaches:
• How to change the landscape of mental health and provide hospitable and comfortable care for clients
• The characteristics of a good therapist
• The knowledge and hands-on experience to perform psychological assessments, intakes and make appropriate referrals
• A complete understanding of the three components of evidence-based practices in psychology (EBPP)
• How to provide individual and group counseling to clients on a scheduled basis or through crisis intervention
• Holistic mental health and alternatives to standard CBT and DBT
... and much more!
• Students are expected to commit at least 16 hours, and no more than 20 hours, per week at the internship site
• Students completing a clinical internship are expected to accrue at least 125 hours of direct face-to-face client contact hours
• All students must complete a total of 500 hours of supervised work by the end of the practicum/internship year
• Interns are expected to provide individual, group, couples, or family therapy; assessment and/or testing; diagnosis; consultation; and appropriate documentation